Liverpool Bicycle Co-operative Ltd are hosting a Dr Bike pop-up shop in The Shed this Wednesday 20th March from 10:00am – 2:00pm.
Run by the awesome team behind Giant Liverpool (based on Parliament Street just around the corner!), this Dr Bike session invites both current and aspiring cyclists to pop in for a chat – Whether you want to know more about how you can get into cycling, safe local routes and techniques or cycle to work schemes – now’s your chance!
Dr Bike also offers FREE bike check-ups – all bikes are welcome so just pop along!
Here is a list of what the session offers –
- Free bike check-up.
- Lubricate, make adjustments & carry out minor repairs to get things working better.
- Look at whether the brakes & gears are working properly.
- Inflate tyres to the correct pressure.
- Tighten any nuts & bolts if they are loose.
- If a more serious repair is needed we’ll give you a prescription with an approximate cost and arrange the repair if you wish.
- Tips on how to keep the bike running smoothly in the future.
Advice and Information:
- Listen to your cycling dreams and help you to set realistic goals.
- Suggest the most suitable type of bike for the riding you plan to do.
- Suggest suitable routes that are safer than the busiest roads and possibly traffic free.
- Tell you how to save money through the Governments tax saving Cycle to Work scheme – saving between 23% – 42% of the cost of a new quality bike.
- Help your company to set up a Cycle to Work scheme if they wish.
- Help you to work out if you can make the cost of the bike pay for itself with savings elsewhere.
They’re a great bunch of folk, so pop in at your own leisure from 10:00am – 2:00pm this Wednesday 20th March.